Legion House was originally constructed in 1902 by the YWCA and operated as a women’s hostel and outreach service for 60 years. The building is heritage listed and protected due to its social significance.
Located on Castlereagh Street in Sydney, Legion House represented an integral part of Sydney’s social infrastructure at the turn of the century.
Grocon is currently undertaking the refurbishment of this historical landmark as part of its current retail and commercial redevelopment at 161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney.
Legion House will acquire an additional two office floors, and the facades and internal spaces will be completely refurbished. Upon completion, the six storey building will be one of the most sustainable buildings in the world.
Following the refurbishment of Legion House, the building will be occupied by Grocon as its NSW corporate office and the St James Ethics Centre on a pro bono basis.